Thursday, June 11, 2009

SNEAK PEAK: 4 New Makeup Brushes Coming Soon!

mark-makeup-brushes-shop-now




Four new brushes will be added to Mark's makeup brush collection in Magalog 8! They are the:

1. angled contour face brush
what it's for "Shading the cheeks to give the impression of a narrower face."
how it's used "Hold the brush so the bristles are horizontal. Dust blush or bronzer along the lower cheekbone and blend upward."
6.75" L
price: $8.00

2. flat eyeliner brush
what it's for "Drawing a precise line on the eyelid, as well as smudging liners and shadows."
how it's used "Dip brush in dark shadow, then run it along the lash line for a diffused, smoky look."
6" L
price: $6.00

3. angled contour eye shadow brush
what it's for "Shading the crease of the eyelid."
how it's used "Dip the brush in a medium-color shadow, then run it in the crease. (This will help create an illusion of depth.) Use the tip of the brush to blend any distinct lines."
6.5" L
price: $7.00

4. all over eye shadow brush
what it's for "Depositing an intense shot of color to the eyelid."
how it's used "Dip the brush in shadow, tap excess shadow off and use brush to apply shadow across the lid, near the lash line."
6.5" L
price: $7.00

I'm definitely most excited for the all over eyeshadow brush. I always start with an all over wash of mark's Nomadic i-mark on my eyes every day, and I've been using another brand's eyeshadow brush to do this (oh, the horror!) since mark currently doesn't have a brush like this.

I'm also looking forward to the angled contour face brush. Yes I know contouring sounds so 1980, but if done correctly it can really transform the look of your face. I'm working on my contouring technique at the moment, and I'm hoping this brush will help me master it. Defined cheekbones here I come!

I believe the angled contour eye shadow brush is replacing mark's current blending brush (which actually has already been discontinued and is no longer available). That's probably a good thing since like I said in an earlier post about mark's brushes, the blending brush did seem lower quality.

As for the new flat eyeliner brush, I think I would be more excited about this if mark had a GOOD cream/gel eyeliner product. Yes I know mark used to have the Pop In gel eyeliners (actually they are in the LAST CHANCE section now on clearance for only $1.99 so snatch them up if you we're a fan) but my expereince with them we're that they were really dry. Maybe I got a bad batch, but it was hard for me to get good color payoff. Actually since the Pop In eyeliners are currently on major clearance in the Last Chance section means these babies are definitely being discontinued so hopefully mark replaces them with a QUALITY gel eyeliner product. I don't mind paying a little more for something that works, ya know.

Well that's my two cents!

No comments: