Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Brush Love


As much talking as I do about mark, it's funny that I've never really mentioned mark's brushes. I suppose makeup shades, fragrances & fashion are way more fun to discuss than beauty tools but the brushes are actually the mark products that get the absolute most use from me every day!

Actually, last weekend I realized just how important brushes are for good makeup application. I was visiting my sister and forgot my makeup bag so she said I could borrow hers. Seemed like a good idea until I realized that she had NO makeup brushes. Okay she had one powder brush (that shed a ton) so it was hardly worth using. I was definitely lost without my brushes :( I'm sending her mark's Mini Brush Kit (pictured) asap.

The following are the brushes that I use daily:

1. blending brush
Ideal for working color into the crease or for blending shades together, thanks to long, slightly fanned natural hair.

2. concealer brush
Stiff, synthetic bristles are just right for depositing and blending medium to heavy concealers.

3. foundation brush
A larger brush, featuring dense, natural hair, which distributes and blends foundation to create an even finish. I don't know how I ever lived without it. Seriously! I used to just apply my liquid foundation with my fingers (ick).

4. blush + bronzer brush
A medium-fluffy head of natural hair allows for a controlled dusting of color across the cheeks or face. This is great for blush (I use the powder brush for bronzer... I prefer to have an even dusting of bronzer rather than concentrated color).

5. eyeliner brush
Short, dense, slightly angled natural hair makes for a perfectly precise eyeliner application. I use this to line the bottom of my eyes with powder eyeshadow (mark's tiki i-mark to be exact)

6. eye shadow brush
Ideal for applying a sweep of shadow, or for shading the inner or outer corners of the eye, thanks to specially contoured natural hair. I use this to shadow my crease.

7. powder brush
A large, fluffy head of natural hair allows for smooth dusting of powder over the face. Pretty much my do everything brush. I use this to apply bronzer, mattifying powder, and just to smooth out and blend my makeup after I apply everything. I also use this to put bronzer on my neck and chest so it matches my face.

Brush prices range from $6-$8 and are available at www.cassie4mark.com

No comments: